Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Brace yourself, change is coming

I'm just over month away from the big moment: moving to London. The thought of new city, new country, new studies and absolutely new life used to scare me but now I'm surprisingly at ease with it. Why should I worry? I know I'll land on my feet. I always have.

Leaving soon makes me feel differently about myself and my surroundings. Due moving around quite much as a child, I have never really felt like I belong to a place; now I have found one home with dear co-workers at my usual summer job place. I know I'll be coming back there next year too. My mother's house feels cosier than ever as the cats are so cuddly after me being away for most of the summer.


I have even found some of my roots. I love Finnish language more than ever and want to buy everything Moomin item I lie my eyes upon. I have realised how much I actually love the sea - and that's it's not just me, but that seawater flows deep in my veins as there are connections to the sea from both sides of my family.

Lately I have had to learn some hard life lessons: and the most important thing was that I don't have to face them alone. The people that have given me so much compassion, love and understanding won't fade away.

They'll have my back, where ever I am. That's something that doesn't change, and for that, I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment