Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Julieta (2016)

Pedro Almodóvar's Julieta was truly a gift for the Finnish audiences after a scarily bad film summer. It premiered last Friday; me and my friend went to see it yesterday. Simply said, Julieta is a great movie. Although slow paced, the story goes inevitably on by rhythm well fitted to the soundtrack. It's a story of guilt, ghosts from the past and missing people you love the most; it's intense without being overly dramatic.

I might have wanted to dive deeper into the relationships of Julieta, but on the other hand it was great to see so clearly that it was her side of the story coloured with memories and guilt. And I definitely didn't want to see so badly animated moose (like what. the. fuck. You know what I'm talking about when you see it). All in all the movie was very enjoyable with natural performances and beautiful cinematography. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment